- Milosevic, T. (2016). Social Media Companies’ Cyberbullying Policies. International Journal Of Communication, 10, 22. Retrieved from http://ijoc.org/index.php/ijoc/article/view/5320/1818
- Laura DeNardis (with Andrea Hackl), “Internet Governance by Social Media Platforms,” Telecommunications Policy, accepted and forthcoming 2015.
- Laura DeNardis, “The Social Media Challenge to Internet Governance,” in William Dutton and Mark Graham, eds., Society and the Internet: How Information and Social Networks are Changing Our Lives. Oxford University Press 2014.
- Kathryn Montgomery quoted in Facebook Releases New Privacy Safeguards After Ceding to Pressure From Advertisers (U.S. News & World Report, 6/13/18)
- DeNardis quoted in Alt-Right Figures, Neo-Nazis And Britain First Leader Kicked Off Twitter In Long-Anticipated Purge (Newsweek, 12/18/2017)
- DeNardis quoted in Big Tech’s Biggest Weakness is Its Biggest Strength (Politico, 10/31/2017)
- DeNardis quoted in Google, Facebook, Twitter Scramble to Hold Washington at Bay (Bloomberg, 10/10/2017)
- Derrick Cogburn quoted in What's behind Apple's Didi investment? (NPR's Marketplace, 5/13/2016)
"Choosing New Technologies for a Better Internet: Who Decides?" Panel - March 1, 2018
Hosted at American University by the Internet Governance Lab and sponsored by the Internet Society Washington, D.C. Chapter
Student Dissertation Research
PhD student Dr. Louisa Imperiale successfully defended her dissertation Democracy for Sale: A Critical Examination of the Political-Media Complex at work in Campaign Finance and Political Broadcast Regulation in U.S. Presidential Elections from 1976 to 2016 - April 24, 2018
Anything about social media gov; link to the Internet society panel on computational propaganda; Privacy; Kathryn Montgomery‘s work on youth social media policy.