- Musiani, F., Cogburn, D. L., DeNardis, L., & Levinson, N. (2016). The Turn to Infrastructure in Internet Governance. New York, New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Valérie Schafer, Francesca Musiani and Marguerite Borelli (2016). “Negotiating the Web of the Past”, French Journal for Media Research, 6.
- Laura DeNardis and Francesca Musiani (2016). “Governance By Infrastructure”, introduction to Francesca Musiani, Derrick L. Cogburn, Laura DeNardis, Nanette S. Levinson (dir.), The Turn to Infrastructure in Internet Governance, New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
- DeNardis, L. (2015). The Global War for Internet Governance. New Haven, Connecticut: Yale University Press.
- Francesca Musiani (2015). “Giants, Dwarfs and Decentralized Alternatives to Internet Services: an Issue of Internet Governance”, Westminster Papers in Communication and Culture, 10(1): 81-94.
- Laura DeNardis (with Samantha Bradshaw), “The Politicization of the Internet’s Domain Name System: Implications for Internet Security, Stability, Universality, and Freedom.” (in process).
- Laura DeNardis (with Mark Raymond), “Multistakeholderism: Anatomy of an Inchoate Global Institution,” International Theory, accepted and forthcoming 2015.
- Laura DeNardis, “The Internet Design Tension between Security and Anonymity,” IEEE Annals of the History of Computing, 2015.
- Laura DeNardis, “Internet Points of Control as Global Governance,” in Mark Raymond and Gordon Smith, eds., Organized Chaos: Reimagining the Internet. Centre for International Governance Innovation 2014.
- Laura DeNardis, “Multistakeholderism and the Internet Governance Challenge to Democracy,” Harvard International Review, Vol. XXXIV, Issue 4, Spring 2013.
- Laura DeNardis, “The Emerging Field of Internet Governance,” in William Dutton, editor, Oxford Handbook of Internet Studies. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2013.
- Laura DeNardis, “Hidden Levers of Internet Control: An Infrastructure-Based Theory of Internet Governance,” Journal of Information, Communication & Society, Volume 15, Issue 3: 1-19, 2012.
- Laura DeNardis, “eHealth Standards and Interoperability,” International Telecommunication Union, Technology Watch Report, Volume 21, 2012.
- DeNardis, L. (2011). Opening Standards: The Global Politics of Interoperability. Cambridge, Massachusetts: The MIT Press.
- Laura DeNardis, “Standards and eHealth,” International Telecommunication Union, Technology Watch Report, Volume 16, January 2011.
- Laura DeNardis, “e-Governance Policies for Interoperability and Open Standards,” Policy and Internet, Volume 2, Issue 3, Article 6: 129-164, 2010.
- Laura DeNardis, “The Global Politics of Interoperability,” in Gaelle Krikorian and Amy Kapcznski, editors, Access to Knowledge in the Age of Intellectual Property. Cambridge: Zone Books, 2010.
- DeNardis, L. (2009). Protocol Politics: The Globalization of Internet Governance. Cambridge, Massachusetts: The MIT Press.
- Laura DeNardis, “Opening Standards, Opening Human Liberty,” in Global Information Society Watch, a Publication of the Association of Progressive Communications, APC, 2009.
- Laura DeNardis and Eric Tam, “Open Documents and Democracy,” The Indian Journal of Law and Technology, Volume 5. Winter 2009.
- Laura DeNardis, “Bridging the Standardization Gap.” Sponsored Report for ITU-T Research Project: Measuring and Reducing the Standards Gap, December 2009.
- Laura DeNardis, “Open Standards and Global Politics,” International Journal of Communications Law & Policy, Issue 13, Special Internet Governance Edition, Winter 2008-2009.
- Derrick Cogburn. “Enabling Effective Multistakeholder Participation in Global Internet Governance Through Accessible Cyberinfrastructure,” The Handbook of Internet Politics, Routledge, March 2008.
- Laura DeNardis, “IPv6: Standards Controversies around the Next Generation Internet,” in Ian Inkster, Graeme Gooday, and James Sumner, editors, History of Technology, Vol. 28. London: Continuum, 2008.
- Laura DeNardis, “A History of Internet Security,” in Karl de Leeuw, editor, The History of Information Security. New York: Elsevier, 2007.
- Laura DeNardis, “Questioning IPv6 Security,” Business Communications Review, Volume 31, Number 7, July 2006.
- Derrick Cogburn (with M. Mueller, L. McKnight, H. Klein, and J. Mathiason). “The US Role in Global Internet Governance,” IEEE Communications Magazine, December 2005.
- Nanette Levinson. “Internet Governance and Institutional Change”, The Tocqueville Review. (XXIII, 2). 2002.
- Laura DeNardis featured on A not-so-secret war for control of the Internet (NPR Marketplace, 5/4/18)
- Jennifer Daskal on Suggestions for Implementing the Cloud Act (Lawfare, 4/30/18)
- Fernando Laguarda quoted in Trial Begins Over AT&T-Time Warner Merger Reviled by Trump (Politico, 3/19/2018)
- Jennifer Daskal quoted in Supreme Court to hear case called 'existential threat' to cloud computing (Newburgh Gazette, 3/2/2018)
- Jennifer Daskal quoted in Microsoft's Supreme Court Case has Big Implications for Data (Wired, 2/27/18)
- Jennifer Daskal quoted in U.S., Microsoft fight over access to digital data stored overseas reaches Supreme Court (KHOU11, 2/22/2018).
- Jennifer Daskal quoted in Hatch introduces bipartisan bill to clarify cross-border data policies (The Hill, 2/6/2018)
- Jennifer Daskal quoted in Is the Nunes Memo a dud? Or will it stymie Mueller's Russia Investigation (Newsweek, 2/4/2018)
- A Cheat Sheet Guide to Who Controls the Internet - DeNardis Listed as one of the key players controlling and influencing the Internet (Slate Magazine, 11/1/2016)
- Laura DeNardis, Derrick Cogburn, and Francesca Musiani on Hearsay Culture (Radio Interview on KZMU-FM, 5/20/2016)
- Laura DeNardis quoted in Deadline Looms for U.S. to Cede Control over Internet Naming Conventions (The Globe and Mail, 5/8/2016)
- Laura DeNardis appearance in Nigerian documentary film The Impact of the Internet on Our Lives (2/9/2016)
- Laura DeNardis radio interview, The Complicated Geopolitical Issues Surrounding Who Controls the Internet (National Public Radio KGOU-Oklahoma, 2/5/2016)
- Laura DeNardis quoted in Google’s Vint Cerf Warns Against Fragmentation of Internet (The Wall Street Journal, 5/14/ 2015)
- Laura DeNardis radio interview, What Will the Internet Look Like with 5 Billion Users (Canada’s CBC, 4/17/2015)
- Laura DeNardis quoted in International Group Explores the Future of the Internet (The Globe and Mail, 11/24/ 2014)
- Laura DeNardis quoted in In Search of Governance. Who Will Win the Battle for the Internet (Forbes, 10/24/2014)
- Laura DeNardis radio interview, Is This the End of the Internet? (ABC News Radio KTRS 550, 7/24/2014)
- Laura DeNardis quoted in Worldwide Web of Challenges as U.S. Cedes Internet Oversight (The Washington Times, 7/22/ 2014)
- Laura DeNardis quoted in The End of the Internet (The Atlantic, 06/25/2014)
- Derrick Cogburn quoted in Who Should Govern the Internet? A Future Tense Event Recap (Slate, 11/27/2014)
- Derrick Cogburn quoted in US heads for internet showdown (BBC News, 11/15/2005)
- Derrick Cogburn quoted in The US role in running the net (BBC News, 11/14/2005)
"Choosing New Technologies for a Better Internet: Who Decides?" Panel - March 1, 2018
Hosted at American University by the Internet Society Washington, D.C. Chapter
“Partners or Pawns? Exploring Multistakeholder Participation in Global Governance of the Information Society” Lecture by Dr. Derrick Cogburn - November 13-14, 2018; Hosted by the Cyber Governance and Policy Center at the University of Oklahoma
Transnational Advocacy Networks in the Information Society: Partners or Pawns? Book Launch - March 28, 2017
Hosted at American University co-sponsored by the Internet Governance Lab, School of International Service, and the Institute on Disability and Public Policy
Dr. Aram Sinnreich Testifies in Support of D.C. Net Neutrality Resolution - January 29, 2018
SOC Alumnus Dr. Luis Hestres Discusses Net Neutrality on Texas Public Radio - December 13, 2017
Laura DeNardis, Gordon Goldstein, and Ambassador David A. Gross present their new paper The Rising Geopolitics of Internet Governance: Cyber Sovereignty v. Distributed Governance at Columbia University - November 30, 2016
Laura Denardis delivers keynote on "Rethinking Internet Freedom and Governance in the Age of Cyber Control" at Internet Governance: Theories, Models and Research Perspectives at the University of Salerno in Italy - November 11, 2016
Student Dissertation Research
Access, interconnection, protocols, DNS, etc. Most of Laura's work on standards and the DNS; Turn to Infrastructure and Internet Governance book. Aram has written about net neutrality. Fernanda is doing work on IXPs.